Rio Norte Junior High School is committed to:
- providing the tools, technology, environment, and motivation to facilitate high academic achievement and the essential skills required to be successful in our society
- teaching students respect and tolerance through school and community by providing suitable role models and opportunities for students to interact positively with one another
- providing a supportive and caring atmosphere for all members of the Rio Norte community and for our unique groups of students in transition
- developing small, creative learning environments which encourage intellectual, social, physical, and emotional growth
- fostering an environment in which expectations of continuous improvement permeate the school
- flexible scheduling to meet rigorous academic standards
- cultivating an atmosphere where the voice of each member of the Rio Norte Community is heard, acknowledged, and respected.